The Spanish curriculum for elementary schools can vary from one district to the next, so if you want to make sure that your child is getting the foreign language head start that will help them success later in life you need to check the details. At one end of the spectrum, if you are lucky you will find schools that operate as Spanish immersion locations. Math, science, and even music are taught in Spanish and students have the opportunity to learn this versatile foreign language while at the same time learning other important academic topics. Other districts, unfortunately, do not offer any foreign language in their classroom, and students do not have a chance to practice these skills until middle school.
When research shows that a child’s sensitive period for learning is foreign language is when they are very young, parents who want to make sure that their children can speak two languages look for school settings that offer Spanish curriculum for elementary schools. No method is more influential than students being immersed in a foreign language so schools that offer this experience often have many families applying to get into a limited amount of spots.
Spanish Story Book Sets Help Parents Reinforce Lessons That Are Taught at School
Whether you are looking at an effective homeschool Spanish curriculum for children or you are trying to build on the lessons that your children are getting when they are in a public or private school classroom, Spanish story books serve as valuable tools.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the benefits of finding a school for your child that begins Spanish educational lessons at a young age:
- Learning primarily through imitation, repetition, songs and games, children are naturally acquiring language skills for their first eight years of life.
- Foreign language acquisition is not impossible, but it is more difficult when children reach the ages between eight and 12, because at this age children lose the ability to hear and reproduce new sounds as they did when they were younger.
- Spanish is the official language of 21 countries across the world, and those countries are home to many exquisite and fun travel destinations that families may decide to travel to.
- Language acquisition continues to reenforce that the earlier you introduce a child to a foreign language the better; it appears that before the age of 10 is ideal, but even before the age of 5 is even better.
- Language acquisition research also indicates that children who speak a second language can learn a third language faster.
- As parents look into the future, it has been proven that bilingual employees earn an average of 20% more an hour than monolingual employees.
To many parents, Spanish curriculum for elementary schools is a very important consideration, so it should come as no surprise that it plays an important role in the earliest preschool choices that families make.